Love this short poem from talesofaswitch!
Hello my lovely readers! The end of December was hectic (with quite a few sick day), so extra posts were few and far between. But worry not, I’ve been working hard on a lot of exciting projects. For one thing, I’m nearly done with my first novel, ‘the blackwater witch’. Pretty soon I’ll be sending it off to a wonderful editor, Sam Thorne, who I totally suggest hiring, but only after she’s done editing my novel (just kidding : D, seriously, check her out).
I’m also working on a new collection of short stories, speculatively titled ‘a punishing seduction’. Needless to say, this one will be dark and erotic. ❤ Just the way I like it.
I have a couple more short stories in the wings as well. Should have a new 200 word story up next week, to give you guys a little thrill ; p So keep an eye open for that.
By the way, you can find me on wattpad. I haven’t posted any stories yet, but I plan to in the future, starting with a story I originally released on this blog. It’s so old it got buried, so I decided to give it a second life. If you head over there check out this awesome story from my fellow blogger ‘dances-with-tricksters’, who just happens to be on my list of favorite writers.
What have you guys been up to? Let me know below!
LOVE this spell sachet idea from ‘Moody Moons’!
Get cozy with this unique, creative, winter-friendly take on the traditional spell sachet or “mojo bag.”
This heat-activated spell idea upcycles your scrap fabric, herbs and leftover essential oils for a custom magickal spell charm that’s sure to warm your heart.
So pull up a chair, grab a cup of hot tea and start witch crafting!
The idea for heated spell sachets came to me during one of my deep dives into the creative abyss of my Pinterest feed.
Stuffing stockings became a favorite Yule tradition of mine from the very first year I took home a real paycheck and finally got to give gifts of my own.
So I took an immediate interest in the trend du jour for DIY stocking stuffers this year—DIY hand warmers.
You essentially make basic sachets, stuff them with microwave-safe natural filler (like rice or flaxseed) and heat them up to warm your hands/pockets…
View original post 698 more words
This poem by ‘thefeatheredsleep’ is so well written. Dark, thoughtful, and hopeful all at the same time…
Men came out
The children were gone
What happened the first month?
Outside bars and cement
Away from gas chamber
When legs and arms, mere bone
Unshackled could move once more
Did you pick up your lives then?
Learn the grace of living
No one has ever said
Something so horrific cannot be vented
It can only transform into fire
from survival we are born, once more
A second life
Not a child, not young
Nor unscathed, but covered in scars
They are our metal, winking silver and rose
We do not stand in new bones
But those that know the feeling of kneeling
Begging for the end to come
And when it did not
When we survived
Despite their best attempt to smother
It is a land of ash and terror
To navigate and put back together
Those shattered pieces of self
View original post 225 more words
Love this poem by tall-dark-and-dominate!
So wow, 300 followers! I think I’m supposed to say something profound here, like ‘the work makes the worker’ (wtf does that even mean???). Instead I’m just going to say thank you. : D
A special shout out to my 300’th follower Ari Meghlen, who has a damn awesome blog here with a ton of writing advice. Check her out, you won’t be disappointed!
I’ve been way behind on my blog reading, but I’ll also share my top ten favorite blogs to visit when I have time. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!
- https://intimateaperture.wordpress.com/ This is truly some well put together writing, dripping with eroticism. Her haikus are like those little bite sized truffles. Yum…
- https://millyschmidt.com/ This is one of those places I go to laugh about my work, and sorrows, and also because it has cats, you can’t go wrong with cats.
- http://theshamefulsheep.com/ And this is where I go to laugh at weird (but funny) things. Seriously, Blair is a genius : D She hasn’t posted in a while, but there are plenty of back blogs to keep you entertained and not working for the rest of the day.
- https://thefeatheredsleepcom.wordpress.com/ I like poetry, maybe you haven’t noticed, maybe you have. This blog is on my top list for compelling verse to get lost in. ❤
- https://tricksterchase.com/ This is another poetry blog that I highly enjoy. Elan Mudrow has that odd, off-beat but very deep voice. It makes me feel like I might be sitting in a coffee shop somewhere, just soaking in the atmosphere. Perhaps that description doesn’t make sense, but you’ll just have to trust me on this one ; )
- https://kelleyrose.me/ Now you’re rolling your eyes at me ‘not more poetry’. But if you have a craving for something powerful and blood deep, Kelly Rose’s blog is perfect to scratch that itch.
- https://dancewithtricksters.wordpress.com/ Never fails to amaze me with her beautiful and very dark writing! Also I get more than a few chuckles from her wattpad series ‘fifty shades of Satan’. You can check out her profile here: https://www.wattpad.com/user/Alcifer
- https://thewebweavers.wordpress.com/ This is a little comedy blog I’ve just started following recently. It’s quirky, enjoyable, and I can feel my blood pressure coming down already!
- https://sauceboxsite.wordpress.com/ And yes, I like to laugh as much as I like poetry. This is one of my go to blogs for a chuckle.
- https://witchlike.wordpress.com/ Last but not least, this blog has so many fascinating posts, I only wish I had more hours in the day!
And speaking of time, I’m out of it! A hearty thanks to all of my followers and readers!
And ‘Danceswithtricksters’ does it again! This short story is a must read!
She’s got moonglow tits that bob in night waters, perfect round globes like curled-up white rabbits with black peaks of areola and gray nipples because she’s all poison and ebony eyes and milky skin. She’s curled up in my closet in a nest fit for the Zu bird and sweet seraph curses and she crows and speaks the language of birds that are girls, or girls that are monsters, with scaled legs and owl wings from ancient Sumerian carvings, but she’s not perched on two lions, her thin wan legs are jumping on your bed and you’re throwing pillows at each other and painting her lips and talons with a pop of cherry poison. It’s all fun and games until arsenic kisses and slashed throats of words fly, it’s all spin the bottle with succubi until neon lights at your favorite strip mall get busted to splinters by her rage…
View original post 295 more words