Soooo I’ve been meaning to post this post for ages now (sorry Coleccionista Hipnotico!), I’ve just been so busy. I’m also quite behind in my blog reading, but I assure you I will catch up sooner or later. ; )
First off, El Coleccionista Hipnotico has kindly nominated me for the blogger recognition award! Thank you, with much appreciation!! You can visit their wonderful site here.
So here are the rules for the blogger recognition award..
- Write a post to show your award
- Give a brief story of how your blog started
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers
- Thank whoever nominated you, and provide a link to their blog
- Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to.
- How my blog started: I’m going to be honest, the idea of blogging has always daunted me. You really get stuck with that thought of ‘what the heck am I going to write about, won’t I run out of ideas quickly?’. So it wasn’t until I really started making progress with my writing (that’s a story in itself), that I even really considered blogging. It thought it would be a great way to network, and a great way to get to know the rest of the writing community. Turns out I have plenty to say. To top that off I’m truly enjoying the experience. I love reading other peoples blogs, something I wouldn’t be doing if I didn’t have a blog myself. I hope others find my blog enjoyable and worthwhile. I think that is the most I can ask. ❤
- My two pieces of advice to new bloggers: Firstly blog about what you enjoy, that goes a long way. Second, take the time to visit and read other peoples blogs. I know I’ve heard other bloggers give this same advice, and that’s because it’s good advice! WordPress is a wonderfully diverse community, don’t be afraid to explore all of its branches. : D
- Fifteen cool blogs I’m nominating:
- I really enjoy This mad muse’s poetry, you can visit her at https://reluctantrepose.wordpress.com/.
- Pekoeblaze writes tons of fascinating and insightful articles about art and culture (check out their cool art too)! You can visit them at https://pekoeblaze.wordpress.com/
- The angry farmer has a site full of quirky fun pieces of writing! Visit them at https://angryfarmersunited.com/
- I visit Eroticyearnings when I’m in the mood for some spicy poetry, and when I say spicy I mean absolutely R rated ; ) https://sensualwhispersblog.wordpress.com/
- The barefootpagan runs one of my favorite pagan blogs, his articles are personal and honest, always a pleasure to read! You can visit him at https://barefootpaganlife.wordpress.com/
- Scars and silence and is a blog that details unflinchingly what it is like to indulge in self harm, and how hard it is to stop. You can give her very brave blog a visit at https://beautifulkindofthoughts.wordpress.com/
- Kelley rose has a beautiful little blog full of wonderful and stirring poetry and prose. You can visit her at https://kelleyrose.me/
- Kmelerine has a blog devoted to telling the story of raising his autistic son. Each story is well written and well told. I hope you’ll stop by and check him out at https://squeezethespacemanstaco.com/
- Tamara always adds brightness to my day with their amazing photos! Check them out at https://mybotanicalgarden.wordpress.com/
- John Coyote has a site packed to the brim with fascinating stories and lovely poems! Visit him at https://johncoyote.wordpress.com/
- Elan Mudrow’s blog is one that I always come back to. His poems are unique and insightful at the same time. Visit him at https://tricksterchase.com
- a psycho babbles blog is an easy read and enjoyable read. Check her cool stuff out at https://apsychobabbles.com/
- Autistsix runs a lovely site detailing the struggles of an autistic family of six. Check them out at https://autistsix.com
- Ferret in a sock has a blog that I just recently discovered (thanks again for liking my posts!), he details his childhood struggles and how he is coming to cope with them. I suggest starting with the very first post, check it out at https://ferretinasock.wordpress.com/
- Sableyes has a prolific and enjoyable little (big?) blog with useful articles and quirky quickies. Check him out at http://sableyes.co.uk/
I hope I haven’t gotten anyone’s name or information wrong, that’s quite a long list, if I have, just let me know. I hope you’ll take the chance and visit at least some of these great blogs!
Blessings to all of you!